My twins who I homeschool can do more than my other two older children.
The twins are nine and they can make:
1. A light breakfast-toast , cereal, OJ, boil eggs, etc
2. Do Laundry-measuring, sorting and folding.
3. Make their own bed and lightly clean their room
4. Gather and take out trash on trash day
5. Put a load of dishes in dishwasher and run it
6. Sweep/vacuum floors
This just a small list, but my private schooled older children never did this at this age because we were busy with projects and running to and from school. My older children were exhausted.
So, homeschool is beneficial for more than academics . Homeschool is where children learn to be children!